CA Foundation Registration is the first step for any aspirant towards joining the Chartered Accountancy course. After confirming the CA Foundation Exam registration, the students can further move towards filling out the examination form and sit in the main exams.
To apply for the CA Foundation registration, students have to enter the required details, submit the documents and pay the fees. While applying for the CA Foundation course, students need to be very careful regarding the information they enter in the registration form.
The registration for a particular session is generally concluded on the last date of December and July month for the respective exams i.e., May and November. That being said, for the Nov 2022 registration, students have to fill out the form before July 1, 2022.
So, students are highly suggested checking and filling the form carefully, before the due date following all the steps correctly. In this article, you’ll get to know about the CA Foundation registration, its eligibility criteria, process, documents required, fees, and last date.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for the CA Foundation Registration 2022?
ICAI specifies the eligibility criteria for the CA Foundation Registration, and the students need to abide by those criteria. The eligibility criteria include the following points for ICAI Foundation Registration:
- The candidates must have completed their Class 12th exam from recognized boards. Students should not only have appeared but also should have passed the exam.
- Students who are appearing in the class 12th exam can also take the provisional admission to the CA Foundation course which later on gets updated to the regular one.
- Candidates who have passed the class 10th can also take the admission in a provisional manner for CA Foundation. This type of admission gets effective whenever the students pass the class 12 exam.
How to Register for the CA Foundation Course?
We will look at some major points that will help you register for CA Foundation Course. But before, the students must make sure that they have all the documents that have been asked by ICAI while filling out the registration form.
After that, follow the steps pointed down here to complete the CA Foundation Registration 2022 with ICAI.
- First of all login to the ICAI portal. Then, you need to enter your details such as name, DOB, mobile number, mail, etc., and get the OTP. Once you verify the OTP, you will receive the credential for logging into the ICAI site.
- Up next, log in with the provided credentials. You will see a Student’s Cycle option on the screen. Tap on it and select the “Apply for Foundation” menu. The CA Foundation Registration Page will be opened on your screen.
- Enter all the information that has been asked in the form and click on Save and Next.
- Then, one by one submit all the soft copies of the required documents on the document submission tabs and submit your form.
- At last, you will see the fee submission window where you need to submit the entire CA Foundation registration fee and complete the process.
Documents Required for ICAI Foundation Registration
In the registration process of the CA Foundation, we mentioned submitting a soft copy of the documents. So, in this section, we’ll provide you with the names of documents that are needed to fill out the form.
The very first document that you will require is the self-attested copy of the class 12th mark sheet. If you are a student appearing for the board exams, you also have to attach a copy of the class 12th admit card.
Apart from this, other significant documents include, I’d that proves your nationality, scanned coloured picture of recent time, and the scanned copy of your signature.
Read More: How to be more energetic each day?
What is the Fee for CA Foundation Registration?
The CA Foundation Registration fee is different for Indian and Overseas students. So, students must look at the category first and then submit the fee required to be paid as per the ICAI guidelines.
Also, until you have submitted the registration fee on the ICAI official portal, your registration form will not be considered valid. So, to confirm the registration, students must submit the registration fee after filling out the form.
You can go through the table below for the broad concept of the fee allocation for Indian and international students.
|Details of Fee||Indian Students||Foreign Students|
|CA Foundation Prospectus||Rs. 200||$ 20|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 9000||$ 700|
|Subscription for student’s Journal||Rs. 200||$ 20|
|Subscription for member’s Journal||Rs. 400||$ 40|
|Total||Rs. 9800||$ 780|
Hence, this was the registration fee that different categories of students need to submit after filling out the registration form.
What is the Last Date to Fill out the Registration Form?
The last date to fill out the form for all the sessions of the CA Foundation Exam is predefined. For the May session, the CA Foundation registration last date is January 1, and for the November session, it is July 1.
If there is no last date extension by ICAI, then these are the last dates for CA Foundation Registration. Hence, if you register before these dates, you will be eligible to appear in the respective sessions exam. But in case you do not fill out the form by these dates, you will not be eligible to fill out the examination form.
Now, you are fully aware of the CA Foundation registration process, and all the necessary details about the registration.
The CA Foundation exam is the most basic level of the CA Course. However, students should not take this exam lightly and study well for the papers. After the CA Foundation registration ICAI provides 4 months study period for the exams.
This period is enough for you to prepare effectively for the exams and clear the exams on the first attempt.